Life is a sucker
Else why do I have to keep doing the same stuff everyday ? Life had some goals back in the school days. Each new grade brought the scent of new books, book covers, pens, new class rooms and new teachers. After school, college days were even better. This is the time when the future plans for life tends to firm up. The various career options together with any plans for advance studies make those times really very interesting.
Bad things start happeing the moment you start to earn your livelihood. There is a saying that being in a job is like a monkey trying to reach the top of a well oiled bamboo post along with other monkeys. Those on top when they look down see monkeys trying to climb up and those at the bottom look up to see 'ass holes' at the top. It's the same thing be it a corporate or a university.You then come home bedraggled, only to be handed over the never ending list(prepared by non other than your spouse) of chores to do. At the end of the day, when you are just about ready to hang up your boots and then think about doing something that might just change the world, sleep takes control and you end up doing the great stuf only in your dreams! . The next day is an exact replication of the previous day.
I wish I were an actor(if only I was that handsome!) or a scientist(if only god had put a little more grey cells in my brain!) or a sportsman. I think that these people like what they do and the best part they enjoy and get to earn big bucks at the same time.
Is this a very logical thing (i,e to feel fraustrated ) or am I depresseed, now that I am knocking on the doors of 40? I don't know but I feel like being a useless entity doing nothing more than being a speck in this huge world of 6+ billion people.
Bad things start happeing the moment you start to earn your livelihood. There is a saying that being in a job is like a monkey trying to reach the top of a well oiled bamboo post along with other monkeys. Those on top when they look down see monkeys trying to climb up and those at the bottom look up to see 'ass holes' at the top. It's the same thing be it a corporate or a university.You then come home bedraggled, only to be handed over the never ending list(prepared by non other than your spouse) of chores to do. At the end of the day, when you are just about ready to hang up your boots and then think about doing something that might just change the world, sleep takes control and you end up doing the great stuf only in your dreams! . The next day is an exact replication of the previous day.
I wish I were an actor(if only I was that handsome!) or a scientist(if only god had put a little more grey cells in my brain!) or a sportsman. I think that these people like what they do and the best part they enjoy and get to earn big bucks at the same time.
Is this a very logical thing (i,e to feel fraustrated ) or am I depresseed, now that I am knocking on the doors of 40? I don't know but I feel like being a useless entity doing nothing more than being a speck in this huge world of 6+ billion people.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home